mit einem Hotfix wurde der Sim auf die Version 220.127.116.11 gebracht, womit lt. Changelog u.a. einige CTDs und die Temperaturschwankungen in der Höhe behoben wurden.
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
ACTIVITY / GAMEPLAY
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs
Für das Update 18.104.22.168 wurde viel versprochen und ist für den MSFS an sich ein wichtiges Update. Mit dem heutigen Tag wird der MSFS auch für die XBOX veröffentlicht. Einhergehend damit wurde die Performance auch für die PC Version optimiert (die sich nicht unterscheiden), welche nun wesentlich schneller und flüssiger laufen sollte. Ob das zutrifft, kann man ab sofort,bzw. nach ca. 40GB Download feststellen. Wie immer, erst im MS Store Updaten, dann den Sim starten und das Hauptupdate dort durchführen.
Da unter der Haube vieles geändert wurde, sollte man dieses Mal dringend darauf achten, dass der Community Ordner leer ist (einfachste Methode umbenennen in z.B. Community Backup. Beim nächsten Start erstellt der Sim dann einen neuen, leeren Ordner). Einige Hersteller haben ihre Produkte bereits geupdated, so, z.B. PMDG mit der DC-6, FlyByWire oder FlightBeam. Daher darf man davon ausgehen, dass diesmal zahlreiche Addons erstmal nicht mehr funktionieren.
Hier der offizielle Artikel dazu:
It is highly recommended to clear your Community folder and only use add-ons that are certified compatible with the new update for maximum stability. Make sure to update your installed World Updates in the Content Manager as well.
Premium Deluxe: 43,87GB
For PC users: Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times. You will be on Version 22.214.171.124.
This update includes significant performance improvements to make the experience more seamless.
- Improved multi core support for CPU
- Better memory and GPU usage
- Faster loading times
- Stutters have been significantly reduced
Discovery Flights were originally inspired by those who wanted to fly in one of our trailers! Discovery Flights place you in the most scenic locations on the planet, including awesome locations like the Great Pyramids or Mount Everest, or vibrant cities like Naples or Rio de Janeiro, in optimal weather conditions for you to fly and sightsee at your leisure. You can quickly switch between locations using the Activity tab available from the pause menu. Two additional Discovery Flights are featured with all World Updates available for free within the in-game Marketplace.
WORLD EXPLORATION IMPROVEMENTS
The world map now also features satellite imagery, map labels, and main Point of Interest names to make exploring the world (and even finding your house) as easy as possible. We extended this capability into the flight experience itself and you can now activate the POI labels during a flight, meaning you can suddenly understand the spatial relationships between cities, mountains, and other landmarks. A new section is available in the Assistances menu, to display labels on all on-screen POIs or only the one you are pointing toward with the camera.
Landing Challenges are now graded. Remember to download World Updates in the marketplace, which contain additional landing challenges and bush trips.
We overhauled our training flights to make them more digestible. Each of the 22 flights focuses on a specific notion, starting with basic handling, to landing & take off, VFR navigation, all the way to learning how to fly an airliner like the Airbus 320neo. Training flights feature contextual voiceovers, a score, and a grade to provide feedback and advice to progress through your learning journey.
FLIGHT ASSISTANT / NEW ASSISTANCES
The Flight Assistant is a new UI panel available via the toolbar in Free Flight and Discovery Flights. It allows you to quickly get AI help during flight:
- You can select nearby POIs or airports and set them as your destination to get direction
- You can also give control to the AI to fly you to your chosen destination.
- If using an Xbox controller, you can choose to temporarily enable AI flight control whenever you toggle the on-screen “cursor mode” (see below) to interact with menus or cockpit instruments
- You can delegate radio communications to the AI to let them interact with Air Traffic Control
- You can quickly activate auto-trimming and anti-stall assists
GAMEPAD NAVIGATION / CURSOR
If using an Xbox controller, you can use the left stick to control an on-screen cursor to navigate menus, world map and cockpits. To access the cursor controls during flight, click the left stick button on the controller to switch from flight controls to “Cursor Mode”. An extended zone around the cursor is used to select interactive element closest to the cursor center dot, making it more permissive and easier to use. Right stick is used to scroll pages and quickly change options. Cursor parameters are available in the Options / General Options / Accessibility menu.
Added the new “Lock” interaction system:
- Set active by default but can be reverted to “Legacy” in Options / General Options / Accessibility.
- Tooltips are now displaying the instrument name, instrument values, and controls (dynamic depending of the device in use)
- Using the cursor or the camera center pointer, you can highlight any interactive cockpit instrument.
- Once highlighted, you can interact with the instrument:
- If the instrument is simple (buttons, 2 positions switches), tapping Xbox Controller A or Mouse left button will interact with it. If the instrument is complex (knobs, levers…), tapping Xbox Controller A or holding Mouse left button will lock on it.
- Once locked on an instrument, you can:
- Use primary (Xbox Controller A/ Mouse left button), secondary (Xbox Controller X/ Mouse right button) or tertiary (Xbox Controller Y/ Mouse middle button) interactions.
- Increase/ decrease the instrument (Xbox Controller LT/ RT or Mouse wheel)
- Use gestures (Xbox Controller left stick or Mouse movements)
- Unlock the instrument (Xbox Controller B or release Mouse left button)
LAND ANYWHERE / VFX
The following planes are now provided with skis and floats variants:
- Cessna C172 classic
- Cessna C172 G1000
- CubCrafters XCub
- Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra
These aircraft’s checklists have been adapted accordingly. Appropriated VFX are displayed depending on the surface type you are landing on.
ACCESSIBILITY / SCREEN READER
We have added a text-to-speech narration feature to the Flight Simulator menus (English language only at first). This can be accessed during Onboarding for new users or enabled via Options / General Options / Accessibility for existing users. This feature is work-in-progress and does not yet cover every screen or option but should allow users to navigate to the most vital menu screens needed to begin a flight. We are actively working on making the narrator more comprehensive and aim to add more functionality in future updates. Learn more about our Accessibility efforts here.
Two new livery sets are available Aviator club Xbox and Livery 01.
For a full list of current known issues, click here.