TFDI haben ein Performance Update für die 717 veröffentlicht, welche sich dadurch auf Version 18.104.22.168 hebt. Zu den markantesten Änderungen zählt sicherlich das neue Display Rendering System. Changelog…
Folks, as promised, we have made several changes in 22.214.171.124 to improve performance, and preliminary testing results have shown remarkable improvements. I’ve detailed the specifics of the changes below.
We introduced a new display rendering system that is not only significantly clearer, but also faster and less resource intensive. We created a bridge that allowed us to render our displays using the same system RealLight and TrueGlass use to render at higher refresh rates with low performance impact. This is good all by itself, but even better when it replaces the archaic, horrendously slow gauge rendering system that was previously required.
We created a new texture processing system to allow better compression without reducing visual quality of RealLight textures. This has allowed us to reduce texture memory consumption by approximately 66%. Users experiencing issues due to video memory consumption should notice a reduction of around 300MB from the 717.
We also rewrote and re-optimized the custom sound engine to reduce unnecessary resource consumption. This change is minor, but should help edge case performance drops and FPS stability.
Remember, we are testing new technology with the displays. There may be some hiccups – if so, we will fix them. Please let us know your experiences with the new version.
126.96.36.199 (10 May 2018 – Community Opt-in Beta Release)
- [ADDED] New integrated high performance display rendering system
- [FIXED] NAV related issues with a certain terminal (SID/STAR) leg type (AF legs)
- [FIXED] APU FIRE aural alert not cancelling automatically after three cycles
- [FIXED] An issue preventing tablet clicks from being properly handled
- [FIXED] MCDU latitude/longitude display and entry format
- [FIXED] MCDU ACT-FPLN page 2 display
- [CHANGED] Made internal changes to the VERT REV, LAT REV, and MCDU drawing system in preparation for HOLD support
- [CHANGED] Rewrote and significantly optimized custom sound engine
- [CHANGED] Modified RealLight textures to significantly reduce video memory consumption