Ilumium Simulation beschert uns bald eine komplette Umsetzung des kleinen aber vielseitigen Landes Slovenien. Mit Mesh, fotorealen Städten und allen Jahreszeiten wird es sicherlich seine Liebhaber finden.
Slovenia X is coming to completion and is ever closer to its early access release that should come in days not months. The add-on offers a complete rendition of Slovenia for FSX and P3D, covering the small but incredibly diverse country from hilly southern to mountainous northern regions and from Adriatic coasts to the eastern plains. It combines custom landclass and vector data, custom landclass textures, custom autogen and landmark models, photo-real inserts and default objects, with the aim of creating an identifiable and unique region, that ‘looks and feels’ Slovenian. Special attention has been paid to create a typical landscape image of various and picturesque Slovenian geographical regions such Gorenjska, Primorska, Kraska, Osrednjeslovenska, Dolenjska, Notranjska, Stajerska, Panonska, Koroska, etc. Places such as high plains in the hills and mountains – Velika planina, Planina jezero and many more, mountain passes – Kamnisko sedlo, Vrsic, Ljubelj, lakes like Bled and Bohinj, densely populated coastal region and medieval old town centres make the scenery plausible, picturesque and unique. The product is building on the experience of our previous product Slovenia West Autogen (SLOWAGN), which has been built from the ground up and well received by the community. Slovenia X is much more ambitious in scope and range, dealing with the country in its entirety and as accurately as possible.
Among the key features, we would like to highlight the following:
- custom textures for typical land classes with four different seasons, including hard winter and night textures; accurate data for snowy months and snow cover
- 12m terrain mesh (LOD13), with the height precision of 1 to 3 m, that really brings to life the deep valleys and mountainous parts as well as all the intricacies of the terrain from sea level to 2864m of Triglav, Slovenia’s highest peak
- 60cm photoreal cities (LOD16): Ljubljana, Maribor, Koper, Piran, Izola, Portoroz, Murska Sobota, Nova Gorica, Kranj, Celje, Novo mesto, and landscapes: lake Bled, Cerknisko lake and Soline
- based on geographical data 90% of the Slovenian building stock is represented and accurately placed
- rivers, lakes, coasts
- highly differentiated and diverse autogen includes:
- typical houses with different textures and roof shapes according to the regions,
- various building types according to the actual data (schools, public buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, train stations, hotels, gas stations, toll stations, etc.),
- special and typical objects such as mountain huts (30% with helipads on the roofs), alpine shelters (all there but really hard to spot from the air), alpine sheds – ‘stan’, hayracks – ‘kozolec’, various churches (adapted to different regions),
- roads, bridges, overpasses and traffic,
- railway tracks and (static) trains,
- vegetation: forests, scrub, cemeteries and parks (also dependent on the region),
- miscellaneous infrastructure objects such as powerlines, antennae, cellular towers, power plants, smoke stacks,
- viaducts, highway tunnel entrances, highway signage, port cranes, containers, wind turbines, power transformers, big storage tanks, industrial objects,
- lights – streets and roads in settlements, highway links and trunk roads are lit by custom street lights,
- another Slovenian particularity are numerous churches on hills that are lighted by night,
- different custom landmarks and objects from default FSX libraries (buildings, vehicles, vegetation, etc.) were hand placed to complement the overall impression and make a lively and vibrant landscape
- all major airfields and heliports added with their correct disposition of elements (AFCADs); the Slovenian virtual community, of which the developer is a proud member, has developed numerous and high quality freeware airfields – Slovenia X does not want to compete with those but will rather encourage and help the authors to adapt existing ones to Slovenia X and keep them available as freeware in the future
- highly detailed and accurate rendition of Ljubljana’s medical centre heliport LJHL and surrounding buildings, including PCL lighting
- Configuration tool for turning on/off features according to pilot preferences and performance priorities
- while the product is intended to be used with its own underlay, it can be used with any other underlay (e.g. photoreal) without the loss of objects or greenery.
- and last but not insignificant: developed by the locals
The product will be available soon in early access to Slovenian virtual flying community members (actually meaning: it goes into beta testing) and will be available for purchase worldwide later this year.
Here are some preview shots (in P3D4, add-ons including Orbx Global, Orbx LC Europe, Orbx Trees, PTA, Active Sky and other).