Im Orbx Forum wurde vor einigen Tagen, die Umsetzung des Palm Springs International Airports angekündigt. Die Szenerie, welche als Zusatz für FTX Global gedacht ist, wird neben dem Airport auch Teile der Umgebung beeinhalten. Den Bildern nach zu urteilen, dürfte ein baldiger Release zu erwarten sein. Weitere Bilder und die Besonderheiten….
– Ultra-detailed rendition of KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
– Enormous coverage area at 30cm and 1m coverage – over 70km from one end of the coverage area to the other!
– Brand new custom autogen vegetation classes unique to Palm Springs
– Numerous new static aircraft unique to KPSP – all controllable via the CP and sorted by type (Airliner/Airline Charter/Corporate/GA)
– Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting methods used for maximum realism
– Highly detailed APX file to allow unique parallel runway operations at the airport.
– Custom landclass, vector data, custom seasons file and 10m Holgermesh to ensure maximum fidelity.
– Many VFR landmarks included in the coverage area; shopping centers, schools, sports grounds and many others
– Full suite of ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, TextureFlow and more included
– Designed to blend seamlessly with FTX GLOBAL (Base) in both P3Dv2 and FSX/P3Dv1.4.
– Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – the five support towers on this 6000ft tramway all have helipads – originally as aids during construction (built in the 60’s with the help of Bell 47s), now used for maintenance. Very difficult due to small size, particularly the higher towers (close to 8000ft altitude) on a hot day.
– Banning Municipal Airport (KBNG) and Bermuda Dunes Airport (KUDD) – both are on the edges of the coverage area, so I included a “lite plus” version of each. 1m lower-res ground texture, hand placed autogen, custom APX and ORBXlibs objects.
– Palm Springs Hospital
LANDMARKS and SPECIAL FEATURES
– San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farms – 3000+ wind turbines just north of the airport.
– Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – the main tourist trap in Palm Springs, takes visitors from the valley floor to (almost) the top of San Jacinto Peak.
– Animated AI helicopter – reporting on road traffic, follows many of the arterial roads to the west of the airport.
– Animated train – by special request (@Jon M!)
– Airport Fire Services – training sessions with EMB-120 frame can be seen several times a day.
– Downtown Palm Springs – many many hotels and shopping malls are modeled.
– Golf Course Resorts – there are over 50 golf courses in the coverage area, many of which have fancy resorts attached. Largest of which is the Marriott Desert Springs, keep an eye out for it.
– Indian Wells Tennis Center – at the southern border of the coverage area.
– Bob Hope’s House – a very famous piece of architecture nestled on a ridge close to the airport. Available for sale in real life – any takers?
– Wet n Wild Water Park – on short finals to KPSP
– Palm Springs City Hall – a gorgeous piece of 50’s Modernism, located across the road from the airport.
– Bank of America building, Tramway Gas Station (Visitor’s Center) and Kaufmann Desert House – three more of my favourite pieces of Modernist architecture.
– Cabazon Dinosaurs – highway rest-stop kitsch at it’s best. North of Morongo Casino.
As well as these, keep an out for the dozens of custom and semi-custom buildings in the coverage area – Casinos, Resorts, schools and other buildings.