John Venema hat im Orbx Forum nun konkrete Zahlen zum Umfang der TrueEarth NL Umsetzung veröffentlicht. Für P3DV4 beträgt der Download -Umfang 77GB, für P3DV3 24GB. Weitere Details unter
As we finalise the beta testing of EU Netherlands TrueEarth it has become evident that there are needs for substantial differences between the P3Dv4 and FSX/P3Dv1-3.X versions of the scenery. Differences in the scenery engines between the sims, coupled with more generous overheads in P3Dv4, have resulted in a larger-than-expected deviation in the development workflow for each.
We thought about dropping support for 32-bit simulators altogether but we feel this is not fair on those customers who have not yet migrated to a 64-bit platform. Instead we will firstly release for Prepar3D V4 in the coming week and then follow it up with a object-reduced edition for FSX and P3Dv1-3.X a short while after.
Netherlands TrueEarth will come in two flavors:
1. Orbx EU Netherlands TrueEarth HD for P3Dv4
– Exclusively for P3Dv4
– 77GB download
– 1m/pixel ground resolution.
– Optimised for P3Dv4 architecture
2. Orbx EU Netherlands TrueEarth for FSX/P3Dv1-3
– Exclusively for FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv1-3
– 24GB download
– 2m/pixel ground resolution
– Optimised for FSX/early-gen P3D platforms
Please note that every single preview topic (except for two), and the release trailer, show the 2m ground textures.
Orbx EU Netherlands HD for P3Dv4 will be the only version available when the product launches.
The FSX/P3Dv1-v3 version will be released shortly thereafter.
Netherlands TrueEarth for FSX and P3Dv1-3.X
Work has been ongoing for weeks on this update, and shouldn’t be too far away. This release will include core scenery content better optimized for the FSX engine. Aside from the ground textures, the majority of the changes will be “under the hood”, though FSX/early-P3D users may notice a small decrease in some types of objects compared to P3Dv4. Whilst we could easily release this product as a simple conversion using the FSX SDK, we want to better make use of our technology by specifically tuning the scenery for the earlier generation sims. We strongly support our FSX customers and believe it is important to give you all the the best experience for this sim; we thank you all in advance for your patience.
FTX Central 3.3
A new version of FTX Central will be released that has enhanced download functionality (including the ability to set the “temp” location for users with low disk space on their C: drive). It is recommended that you upgrade to this version before installing Netherlands.
EU Netherlands TrueEarth FAQ:
1. I want to use Netherlands TrueEarth in both P3Dv4 and FSX, will I need to buy two copies? Absolutely not. Your purchase will enable you to use this scenery in any ESP simulator of your choosing (P3Dv1-4, FSX and FSX:SE) in exactly the same manner as all other Orbx Products.
2. Will you make your 1m textures (Netherlands HD) available for FSX, or the 2m set available for P3Dv4? No. Netherlands HD is exclusively designed for P3Dv4, and Netherlands exclusively for FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv1-3.X
3. What about XP11 and Aerofly? As has been discussed over recent months, development is underway for both these versions. As has been the case with other Orbx XP11 and AFS2 products, these will be sold separately, with pricing and discount offers to be announced at a later date.
4. I don’t have a fast internet connection, and would like to use a download manager for such a big file. Is this possible? Of course it is! As with all of our products, you can elect to manually download the product as a zip file via your Orbx account. Our manual download option is fully compatible with download management software. Info on how to do this can be found here: